Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Headboard Makeover

 
 
I forgot to get a before picture of the headboard but I did find this picture of the bed.  This headboard is from an old waterbed I had, the waterbed is long gone but for some reason I kept this headboard.  It was a queen headboard and this is just a double bed so the first thing I did was disassemble the posts from the headboard and cut 3 inches off each side, I really should have cut 6 but I didn't want to make that kind of change to the headboard,  I knew I could work with 3.
 


Next I put a coat of primer on it and 2 coats of paint.  I then glazed it, I love to glaze.  Ok I put bed risers on this bed so I had to bump up the headboard also.

I took a 4 by 4 and added it to be bottom of the headboard.  Like I said the headboard is about 6 inches too wide so I had to put a spacer on to make up for it.  I am sure I can work with this.
 
Not only did I add to the bottom of the headboard but I had to put in a 2 x 8 spacer so the pillows would not fall through the back once I had the bed all make up.

 
Starting to take shape.
 
Looking good to me.
 
 
I really like how it turned out.  This room ended up getting a complete makeover.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment