Thursday, August 22, 2013

Piano Bench

 
 
 
I just fell in love with this bench.  I love the texture of the legs.  I was going to paint them but my Husband Rick talked me into leaving them alone.  I was so excited when I found this at Goodwill.
 
 
Just needed a little TLC.

 
My plan for this little jewel it to sit right here at the end of the bed in our spare room. 
 Now time for a small makeover.
Notice the gray fur on the upper left side of picture, that would be Annie, our cat, wondering what is going on, why all the hoopla over a piano bench.

 
The seat needed a little attention in this one corner.
 
 
Nothing a little wood filler couldn't handle.
 
I sanded it smooth, ready to move on.
 
 
I took off the lid, primed the inside of the bench as well as the both sides of the lid.
 
 
I think this cleaned up the look of the inside of the bench.
 
 
 
 
Just a little face lift. 
 
 
 Not bad, a nice place to sit a spell.  I may glaze the top someday when I get more time.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment