Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Charlie



My mom gave me this sewing machine 25+ years ago.  For the last 15 years it has been stored up in the loft of our barn.  Today Charlie gets a makeover.  I can't wait to get my hands dirty with this piece.

Boy did he need a good cleaning!



 Wow, do you all remember these thumb tacks?  Looks like they use them to shim up the drawers that don't sit straight.

I spent LOTS of time sanding the top.  
The side on the right is done, now time to work on the left side.


 Charlie is starting to take shape.  
I gave the top a new coat of stain plus a nice coat of wax.

I also spent a lot of time cleaning the hardware.  Here is the before and after, they cleaned up nice.




I Love the finish on this top.



I did sand some spots and I also put on a coat of glaze.



I use charlie for a lap top table.  
The printer fits perfect where the sewing machine was stored.






I do have a chair in the works for this table.



Thanks for stopping by


No comments:

Post a Comment